Texas Hill Country Trip - Day 3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
November 22nd 2014
Published: November 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Huge display inside the Mexican marketHuge display inside the Mexican marketHuge display inside the Mexican market

I had to have my picture made with the roses just to show how big the display was in the market.
November 10, 2014 (Monday)



Today we spent the day in San Antonio. Our first stop was the Mexican market downtown. It has been about 40 year since we were there. Now all the booths are inside two buildings where as before everything was outside. We wondered around for about an hour just looking.



We left the market and headed to the Alamo. The grounds to the Alamo was bigger then I remember from about 15 or 20 years ago. When I was here years ago, I thought the history of the Alamo was inside the Alamo. Now the story of the Alamo is in the garden surrounding the Alamo and in another building that is part of the Alamo grounds. They also have a movie in the other building you can watch giving some of the history. No pictures are allowed inside the Alamo or in the other building.



When we finished going thru the Alamo, we headed to the river walk. As we were walking to the river walk a women stopped us and ask for $12. She said showed us her leg and she and her husband were visiting in San Antonio and her burned her last night. She only needed $12 to buy a bus ticket out of town. She also showed us her driver’s license and said we did not have to give her cash if we wanted to go to the bus station and give them the $12 dollars that was ok too. Her leg looked horrible. Normally I don’t believe people asking for money because they normally use it for booze or drugs but I did believe her. I gave her some money. It felt like the right thing to do and I do think she was legit.



We took the boat tour on the river walk. They have expanded it and made it longer. It took about 45 minutes to do the tour. After the tour we ate at one of the Mexican restaurants and sat outside by the river. There were a lot of ducks that keep coming around. Mama had on a skirt with black spots on it. One duck went under the table and started trying to eat the black spots off of her skirt. We figured he thought they were bugs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Texas Flag Texas Flag
Texas Flag

We were walking from the parking lot to the Alamo
Alamo GoundsAlamo Gounds
Alamo Gounds

Huge cactus plant on the Alamo Ground
Alamo GroundsAlamo Grounds
Alamo Grounds

Live Oak on the Alamo Grounds which was transplanted there in 1912. At the time the tree was transplanted it was about 40 years old. The limbs on the tree are very long.
Alamo GroundsAlamo Grounds
Alamo Grounds

Some of the limbs on the Live Oak
Alamo GroundsAlamo Grounds
Alamo Grounds

The Live Oak tree
Alamo GroundsAlamo Grounds
Alamo Grounds

The Live Oak tree
Alamo GroundsAlamo Grounds
Alamo Grounds

The Live Oak tree
Alamo GroundsAlamo Grounds
Alamo Grounds

The Live Oak tree
Riding the boat on the RiverwalkRiding the boat on the Riverwalk
Riding the boat on the Riverwalk

Two window washers are hanging from the top of the building.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb