3/23/2012 - San Antonio - LBJ Ranch - Lackland AFB


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
March 26th 2012
Published: March 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Weather - 60's

Headed to the LBJ Ranch and State Park. Shortly after arriving at the Ranch, we got a call from Linda. Dillon had been on patrol for 30 hours and would send the email required to sponsor us on Lackland as soon as he got something to eat. We left the ranch and started a little over a hundred mile run to Lackland. Before we got to Lackland, got the message that the email had been sent. Arrived at the Visitor Center at Lackland and informed the SSgt there that he should have the email sponsoring us on the base. In just a few minutes we were on the base. - - THANKS Dillon and Linda!!!

Jack and Barbara continued their visit at the LBJ Ranch and Fredricksburg.

We were married at Chapel 7 on Lackland AFB March 10, 1970. Sadly to say, they had done a lot of work on the base and all the Chapels had been renamed and updated. We spoke with a chaplain who tried to help us, but to no avail. He did help direct us to the chapels currently on the base. We visited each one and both agree that the one that seems to be the one we were married in is "Gateway Chapel".

We had Church's Chicken for supper.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Lackland AFB - Hope ChapelLackland AFB - Hope Chapel
Lackland AFB - Hope Chapel

Believe this is the one we were married in. Changes have been made.
Lackland AFB - Hope ChapelLackland AFB - Hope Chapel
Lackland AFB - Hope Chapel

Believe this is the one we were married in. Changes have been made.
Lackland AFB - Hope ChapelLackland AFB - Hope Chapel
Lackland AFB - Hope Chapel

Believe this is the one we were married in. Changes have been made.


Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.1238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb