Texas - Don't mess with it...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
May 26th 2008
Published: May 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We loved New Orleans, but even having spent under 24 hours there, we felt that we had seen what we went to see, were completely exhausted, and would probably have died had we tried to party there another night. With this in mind we headed to Leigh's grandparents' house in Houston to have a night of relaxation. Along the way a torrential downpour hit us, which we drove through until we were driving on a low bridge through the bayous and saw lightening strike the opposite lane of the road about 20 yards away. A little shooken up we decided to let the rain subside a bit while we hung out in god-knows-where louisiana.

We did arrive safely in Houston however, and got a good night's rest. The next day we woke up early to head to San Antonio where we visited the ALAMO (Charlottesville's is way cooler), and got lunch at a mexican restaurant along the river walk. San Antonio was a much cuter city than any of us knew, which was a nice surprise. Completely refueled, we returned to the car for the long drive to Santa Fe.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb