San Antonio long weekend


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
May 5th 2022
Published: May 31st 2022
Edit Blog Post

I had the opportunity to visit San Antonio recently with a friend and explore what they had to offer. I wanted to share a few pictures with you all as it is a beautiful place. I don't have pictures of the Alamo here as I visited it and completed a full tour a couple years ago.

Initially we visited the "Nowhere Bookstore", an independent bookstore created by author Jenny Lawson. We then followed the Missions Trail and visited three of the Spanish missions found in the area. An evening stroll on the Riverwalk - San Antonio's prize walkway that runs for miles throughout town. There are some lovely sculptures and we were looking specifically for bats as the area is known for having massive numbers of Mexican free-tailed bats.

We didn't have luck with the bats (hopefully I'll see plenty in August, more on that in the future), however we caught a tour of the Natural Bridge Caverns just outside of town. They were beautiful caves.... with 99% humidity! I would highly recommend visiting them if you have the chance.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



1st June 2022

Wow!!
The caves look amazing!!!
3rd June 2022

they were!
Even though the humidity was killer it was a beautiful set of caves.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb