Week 4 with all its activities


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
February 12th 2018
Published: February 12th 2018
Edit Blog Post

With the completion of this week, we finished week 4 of our program. It’s hard to believe we have now been in residence for a month! Again we had a good week: two days with Ron Rolheiser OMI (‘Naming the present moment’), a day with Leo Perez OMI on ‘Contemporary topics in Moral Theology’ as well as a session with Sue Pontz, a Sister of Sts Cyril and Methodius, on ‘The hidden cost of Social Media'. We also commenced facilitated Faith Sharing groups, which will occur weekly.There was also the opportunity for cosmetology and most availed themselves of this service, many for the first time. Lent is almost upon us and, as Mardi Gras, St Valentine’s Day and, as Ash Wednesday are so close together, some date adjustments had to be made to accommodate everything! For me today held a unique treat, a special Sunday Eucharist at the magnificent Motherhouse chapel of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word at their university downtown. Apart from this being a most impressive Campus (comparable to Melbourne University), the chapel is superb, even having a pipe organ! I hear the university also offers an extensive academic program. Also this weekend I was privileged to help Sally and a few friends celebrate her special birthday. This was in the revolving restaurant at the top of the Tower of the Americas - a full week indeed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



13th February 2018

Sounds like lots of fun before Lent get serious. Beautiful chapel indeed.
17th February 2018
Preparing for Lent (Social Committee with Mardi Gras preparations)

Travel Blog
I am following your photos and commentary and enjoying the diverse company and activities you are enjoying.You look well and rested. All the best .xx

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb