Day 12 Sam Rayburn, Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Sam Rayburn
March 7th 2007
Published: February 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Now, that's a lot of bull.....Now, that's a lot of bull.....Now, that's a lot of bull.....

Look at the size of this beauty... Like they say "Don't Mess With Texas", (and I think this also means the cattle)
Today was a wild day indeed. Wild boars, wild vultures, wild buls and wild Mexican girls. Our destination today is Anderson, Texas, and Buckshot’s Saloon. Along the way we took a look at a few condos that were for sale in the Conroe/Walden area. Coming up the west side of Lake Conroe, I showed Joy some of the places that me and Jerry visited last year. On the road into Wildwood Shores someone had hit a wild boar, and the vultures were circling overhead. We parked the car 50 feet away, and waited for them to come down, but as it turns out, they had more patience than we did, and we could only get pictures of them high up in the trees. We got some great pictures of Texas Longhorn cattle, and then headed into Huntsville where we stopped at a great Mexican restaurant. We arrived at Buckshots just after sundown, but unfortunately Randy was not there, so the whole visit was a bit of a washout. We had a couple of drinks, dropped off the Stampede post, and left Dodge. It took about two hours to get back to Rayburn and the comfort of the condo. Long day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Vulture party.....Vulture party.....
Vulture party.....

In the safety of a high tree.
When you guys going to leave??When you guys going to leave??
When you guys going to leave??

Looks like this one is starting to loose patience.
The object of their affection....The object of their affection....
The object of their affection....

Now that's something me and Jerry didn't see last year!!
Wild Mexican GirlWild Mexican Girl
Wild Mexican Girl

You have to watch of for these in East Texas....(they are really wild)


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb