Day 21 - UTD


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Richardson
May 3rd 2012
Published: May 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

LunchLunchLunch

Veg fried rice, egg scramble, chips, curd
Walked to Central Market - 35 minutes -one way - in the hot sun - and bought provisions. N cooked lunch for three of us. Evening Madhu came. All four of us had dinner. Then V went to class and three of us went for shopping. Bought cake for tomorrow's party. Back to the room by 945. Waited for Viswam to come back from the class. Saw couple of episodes of Modern Family before going to bed.

Unlike all the places seen so far, Dallas is so unlike USA and more like Chennai. Lots of Indians in the campus, hot sun, lawns are not as green...just roads and buildings. Even the flooring and staircases in the buildings are way below Indian standard. There are no pathways. No one is expected to walk on the road! I am the only one walking to Central Market. I had to walk either on the uneven grass or on the road. If I walk on the road the cars are moving to the next lane to overtake me! Madhu said that I might get arrested for waking on the roads which do not have side walk! How can they arrest me for their mistake of not providing sidewalk for the roads within the city.

This is similar to not allowing food in domestic flights. How can they not serve food and also prevent us from bringing food? But this seems to be only in the rule book. They did not throw out the home-packed dinner in the American Airlines when we came from WAS to DFW. So we could take bread/banana and eat in the aircraft. While getting in they asked N to open the water bottle and checked whether it is indeed water. But they allowed another person to walkin the aircraft without checking the content of the cup she was drinking from is indeed milk shake!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0915s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb