Port Aransas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Port Aransas
September 4th 2013
Published: September 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hi all

So we made it through Day 1 safe and sound to Port Aransas on the Gulf of Mexico. We started with lots of traffic getting out of Austin but soon made it onto the lesser roads where we could travel at 75MPH (that's 120Kmh!!!). The 3 Harley Road King's we have are very heavy, very load, and vibrate like hell over 60Kmh.

Lunch was in San Antonio at a Crab Place but the temperature was so hot, none of us were hungry. If you think riding a bike is a great way to stay cool, imagine trying to cool down by turning a hair-dryer on full heat into your face.

Dinner was a $10 all you can eat pizza and salad joint, actually not too bad but i think we were the only ines in the place the owner wasn't losing money on. There are some very big people in Texas.

OK, so we are knackered and checked into a very ordinary Travelodge, we won;t show you pictures of the sheets we decided to put on David's bed. We paid $70 for a room with 2 double beds that we have pushed together for one queen size for all 3 of us.

Tomorrow we aim to make it to a town called Jasper on the Texas border after travelling through Galveston on the coast.

More pics and vide tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb