the birds and the bees


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Navasota
February 21st 2011
Published: February 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

The place we stayed at is wonderful. Our host and hostes have been very generous. Since I had access to a kitchen I made poor man sandwiches. Bob loves them. When Doris stopped by she ate with us. Before we left Sam and I had a tour of the farm animals and her two week old calves. We had a short ride today and we weren't in a real big hurry to leave. The wind blew yesterday and all night and this morning it was still going strong. Parts of our journey had a strong head wind. I think Mary jinxed us by saying she thought we had a tail breeze. Thanks Mary 😞 The hills in the first half of the day were miniature mountians. After lunch a bee was buzzing Bob and would not leave him alone. I tried to flip it off and before I got it off he had been stung. Bob doesn't fair to well with bee stings so he took some meds and we went on. We passed the Lone Wolf Ranch which is owned by Chuck Norris. We made it to Navasoda for the night. Bob has ordered a gps like Sam and I use, and it was to be shipped to the motel. When we checked in he received it. Sam helped Bob load the maps and way points using the motels computer. This took about 3 hours. We are still planning on making it to Austin by Friday. My dream is comming to a close rather rapidly. Today we road 20 miles and climbed 1095 feet. Whe weather was windy and 73'.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb