Wedding trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Mission
June 12th 2013
Published: June 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

the day before take-off...so many little things to finish and do. We are taking Sambo (cat) and Shorty (puppy) with us. The two of them love each other's company and play constantly here, hope they will keep each other occupied on the long trip and back. So excited about seeing family and meeting ones I watch and chat with on facebook. Mending the gift we are giving Kelsea and David was a new experience, hope it is accepted with the love and hope it was given. OK, got to get with it now. More later.

Wed 6/12 left Mission with a car full of stuff, Shorty (the pup) and Sambo (the cat). Made it to Allen, Tx where Preston's sister Brenda lives. We went to Dallas to have dinner with my son, Jeramy and his wife Shawn at Campisi's, the Egyptian restaurant on Mockingbird. An old favorite of Preston's since 1958. We all enjoyed good food and good conversation. Swapped out goodies we had for each other. Baby stufff to them for newest grandbaby and Billy's Avon stuff to us, plus a few surprises. My early b'day gift of punch bowl and cups which I will put in the park kitchen.

Thurs: 6/13 Brenda and I went to a nice thrift store and an antique mall where we found some more Avon goodies. As we leave Allen, we stop at PetSmart for new tag for Sambo, whose some how had disappeared. Then, we hit the thrift store Brenda took me to for drinking glasses for marguarita's. We made a detour thru West Tawakoni to visit old friends, but to our heartbreak, they were no longer there. DB had passed away and no one knew where Nancy was. So sad to have missed seeing DB one last time and sorry not to have kept in touch and known about the funeral in time to go.
Finally on the way again, we made it to Sulphur Springs about 3:30.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb