Recuperation Time


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Magnolia
February 23rd 2006
Published: March 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Four bosses and one workerFour bosses and one workerFour bosses and one worker

Let's see--my brother Paul would be the kibitzer boss since he retired in that capacity. Chris would be the main contractor since he owns the shovel. Elaine would be the safety boss and since I worked for the government for years that would make me the OSHA inspector. And 77 year old Mont is head equipment operator.
Magnolia is what is called a bedroom community just north of Houston. It is home for our daughter Kate who is a lawyer --no lawyer jokes, please--her husband Chris, two horses, two dogs and two cats. Plus their German exchange student for the year, Nadette. Mont had kept himself busy while we were galavanting around Panama up on the 28 Acres near Conroe that Kate bought recently for her horses. He'd dug the hole for the main gatepost and wanted to help Chris set the post in cement and hang the gate. Also, I think he didn't relish starting out on that next 1456 mile trip til I was sort of rested up.
By noon on Thursday February 23 he figured Chris could handle it from there so we left on the first leg back to Wyoming.
Dallas--227 miles away--and the night at our daughter Helen's and Drew's old house just two blocks from Swiss Avenue in the old part of town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

How deeps the water, mama?How deeps the water, mama?
How deeps the water, mama?

This pond doesn't hold water-- dug before she bought the property. For some reason it looks more like a good basement site for a house than a future catfish home.
the first is the hardestthe first is the hardest
the first is the hardest

Helen wanted security gates so two years ago, Mont welded up two gates, hauled them from Thermopolis to Dallas on our flatbed trailer--along with all the gravel and sand needed for the cement!! Imported from Wyoming. No kidding. Well, it's hard to find in Dallas for a country boy while he knew exactly where it was in our area. Anyway, we back in that narrow driveway into their backyard and park our camper when we visit. That way Tass can just jump out the back door in the morning and greet Helen's dogs.


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb