Humidity


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Longview
February 26th 2008
Published: February 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

No where should it be over 80 degrees (or 40 even) in February. It is supposed to be winter, so let’s have winter, people. And for goodness sake, please turn down the humidity! Yuck. Not only is Houston flat, it’s a big city and hot and humid. Nothing like getting out of the shower, going outside, and still being wet.

Houston also has these awful birds that I guess migrate there. There’s zillions of them all over, black ones. And they’re noisy and crap everywhere. They fill the trees, line every bit of fence or powerline, it’s ridiculous. I really can’t believe just HOW loud they are!

Shows went well today. Well, the only show. It was funny at the beginning, because Anne made the call for the preshow announcement, a recording of the kids asking for no flash photography and whatnot. But what came out of they system was the growl of a leopard 😉 Yeah, Kyle won’t be living that one down for quite some time. Tonight, one of the kids asked who turns on the leopard sounds and mentioned that it was quite funny that it came on at the top of the show.

The
Load InLoad InLoad In

This is me during load in; in Houston, at least.
out went really quick since we didn’t actually load anything in. I struck the mics and my computer, that was it. Then we hit the road again! Went out to lunch, where Kyle ate like a million servings of Jack Daniels barbeque sauce, so we actually ended up buying him some. That’s the new joke- just Kyle and Jack, don’t interrupt them when they’re bonding.

The drive to Longview (where we are now) was pretty quick, only a few hours. Sarah and I have this cool thing where we always fall asleep at the same time and wake up at the same time. About half of the trip was spent checking our eyelids for holes. Then we had some good chats about paradoxes in the Bible and faith and stuff. Very nice. She and I are starting to connect well. We pretty well have the same jokes (uh oh) and finish each other’s sentences and we laugh so hard together. She gets quite loopy sometimes (as I do, on occasion) and it’s all downhill from there. Rolling on the floor, literally. And our conversations are pretty good too. Finally some deeper connection on the road.

Sarah’s quote of
We're on the Ball!We're on the Ball!We're on the Ball!

...most of the time... Jami, Kyle, Sarah
yesterday: No, we can’t have hot dogs; they’re not in season.

We drove through a lot of Texas, and finally found some hills, sort of. A few minutes after I woke up, I looked over and saw a field with a bunch of animals in it. Not cows, not horses, but donkeys. Yep. Donkeys. Jami’s quote of today: Is that a herd of donkeys? I love Texas!

Went to eat with the kids, which is always fun. I really want to make red velvet cake when I get home. We got to ride the bus back to hotel with them, and the boys were asking questions about who does what job and things. Very fun.

Our rooms here are pretty nice, unfortunately we’re only here two nights. (We decided that staying somewhere at least 3 nights in a row constitutes calling it “home.”) I leave you with some photos from Houston.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

GoofsGoofs
Goofs

Yeah, Sarah and I pretty much goof off all the time...


26th February 2008

photos
Smith, great to see your smiling face in the photos. Oh, If it were only 80 degrees here. Drink lots of water and remember to laugh alot. Dave

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb