Relaxing and rain


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » La Porte
March 21st 2015
Published: June 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 29.6483, -95.0203

Today was our scheduled relaxing day and we've done it right! Lounged around in bed, reading and talking, until 10:45. Yes, we missed our free breakfast, but we had planned ahead. When we finally got up we shared a bagel with peanut butter, some watermelon, grapes and yogurt.

It rained all day...seriously rained to the point that I got a NWS alert on my phone warning of flooding. Jeff went out to purchase some contraband to sneak onto the boat...wine and gin.

Right after he returned the deluge began. Holy cow! We stood at the window and watched the rain.
By now it's 3:30 and we have been almost completely non-productive. Laziness doesn't suit us very well; we headed for the workout room. The rain was messing up the satellite signal to the TV in the weight room but Jeff found a "Vacation" movie marathon, so we watched most of Chevy Chase's European Vacation while tread-milling. Walked about 90 minutes and feel pretty good about that.

Back to our room for showers and off to dinner. The rain had stopped. We had dinner at Bayside Seafood and Grill restaurant. It was "okay" The grilled red snapper was very good, but the sides so-so.

When we got back to the hotel I did a load of laundry so we'd start the cruise with clean clothes. Jeff got a text from Princess saying our boat might be delayed getting to port (because of fog) and to call in the morning for updates. We are concerned because 2 weeks ago we watched this same cruise (from the port cameras) and it was delayed leaving port because of fog. In fact, it left at 10:30am on Monday instead of Sunday at 4pm. Fingers crossed that all will go well for us.

So, a very relaxing day. Tomorrow is CRUISE day!! (We hope...)

Advertisement



23rd March 2015

Sue and Clint I hope you both had a fantastic time you both deserveThis break I'm sure you both have been missed here I hope to See you both soon Debbie xxx
23rd March 2015

We loved Taiwan . The food is delicious and plentiful . Your photos bought back lots of memories . Lai Fai's family are beautiful generous people. We had also been to that amazing Temple . Have some delicious dumplings for us
23rd March 2015

from the way it sounds, this might have been the start of your cruise! You could have sailed to the port!! Have fun!

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb