A Shared Story


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Katy
July 17th 2012
Published: July 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today I have to share another's blog. If you want to be moved and challenged and transported to another place please read this...

http://www.aholyexperience.com/2012/07/when-compassion-becomes-a-gold-rush-2/

I share her blog because I too have met the ones of whom she speaks, the lost and lonely, deflated by lonliness and then filled again by love.

ITHM and those who support us are bringing the air of love that fills an empty heart. Just as Ann (from the blog above) is a spokesperson for Compassion, I am a spokesperson for ITHM and the children whom we help. For the price of 2 movie tickets and popcorn...a good 3 hours of entertainment, you can support a child for a month. The valuable gift of $25 provides a child at Spring Valley Academy with two meals a day, a school uniform and an education. Unlike the thrill of a movie wearing off shortly after...these kids get a month long better shot at life for the same price. Would you consider matching what you spend on entertainment this weekend with a gift for one of these children?

Thank you for being part of something greater than any one person could acheive. Thank you for offering hope through your generosity!

We have changed our board recently and Johnny Lawrence, my husband who was born and raised in Africa has become Vice President. He has offered much insight and wisdom into the way we do things over the years and I am thankful, we are thankful, to have him on board officially. Thank you Amberly for your support over all the years since the inception of this ministry!

This month's photos will help catch you up on the progress in Kenya.

Please visit us at www.facebook.com/ITHMInc and "like" us while there! You can even "share" our posts to help spread awareness!

When you shop on-line please go through Goodsearch.com and enter us as your preferred charity. A portion of the sale will go to ITHM to help fund our projects.

If you would like to make a financial donation you have the option now of:

1. Going to www.facebook.com/ITHMInc and clicking on the donate now button which accepts credit cards.

or

2. Sending a check to

ITHM

23223 S. Warmstone Way

Katy, TX 77494

Thank you again!

Jennifer Phillips Lawrence


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

When there is no mama to hugWhen there is no mama to hug
When there is no mama to hug

We thank God for big girls that fill in at the orphanage.
Talitha KoumTalitha Koum
Talitha Koum

Up she goes!! Fourth floor completed. Now hoping to add walls and a roof then to start on the inside. The kids are anticipating the opening. This building will act as a refuge.
Dani doing some artworkDani doing some artwork
Dani doing some artwork

During HOREC's celebration of the "Day of the African Child" the kids got to have their faces painted. Some preferred to paint themselves.
HORECHOREC
HOREC

Not only does Christine, the director of HOREC, help the 36 children she has taken in...she also assista the community...not because someone pays her but because she sees a need and fills it. Maybe you can assist her with a small (or large) offering?
Self feedingSelf feeding
Self feeding

The Colorado team took HOREC kids to the elephant orphanage. It was a fun outing for all!


27th July 2012

Blessings
Jen, Johnny and Jonathon, As always so very good to hear from you and your heart touching experiences. God bless your obedience. Sandy Swoager
27th July 2012

It is True
i know what you are talking about. It is a worthy course that urgently need to be addressed , As i keep on working with your groups in Kenya ,i see what you go through and the kind of heart God has given you. Atleast a child has gone to school,eaten a mill, shared a smile ,felt some motherly love and hope for the future increased just because you care. For those who care lets join jenipher and surport.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb