Famine and Future


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Katy
August 23rd 2011
Published: August 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Famine

The gap is wide, a gaping abyss so deep
between those who have and those in need.

Our cup overflows, theirs runs dry
they eat nothing, we have seconds, then pie

One life we live, that's all we get,
on what will our time, money and energy be spent?

We have leisure, they have pain
they've lost it all while we still gain.

When will it stop? When will it end?
When we allow our priorities to bend.

Let's step out of the race and the crazy pace
and look into another's face.
Let's feel their pain and offer sweet grace.

Thank God we were not born into their shoes
cause if we were we would be singing the blues
as our tummies would grumble and our babies would cry
and as mamas and daddies we would breathe a deep longing sigh.

Lets lift their burdens from far away
and carry it on our shoulders, at least for one day.

What does it cost you for one day to live?
Would you consider the equivalent to give?

Is it $5, $15, $100 or more between bills, entertainment and going to the store?
With this money you can literally help feed the desperate and poor.

I promise you won't go hungry if you generously give
but your life will be fuller because you are helping others live.

Future

For those of you interested in what is happening with the Lawrences, keep reading...


Baby and I made it home. My husband was offered a job a few days later working in Africa: 8 weeks on, 4 weeks off. It is a good job despite being so far away and temps. over 110 degree F. daily. It is considered the hottest place on earth.


The job literally landed itself in his lap and we decided since he is not free to come to the USA yet due to his immigrant visa not yet being complete, that he should take it. So, he is in Ethiopia until October. At that time my boy and I have to hop back on a plane and make the long trip over to be with him for his month off. At that time we pray we can finish his immigration visa then he will be free to come and go to the USA as he wishes. I will be working with Spring Valley and Horec during my time there.

My pastor prayed for me before leaving Kenya and he said, in a nutshell, to take my hands off the steering wheel and allow God to lead. This little piece of advise has helped me keep my sanity.

I am here chasing my active boy around and planning for an up and coming fund raiser for Spring Valley.
They have poured the ground floor to their new building. They have named the building to be, "TALITHA KOUM" which is Aramaic for "Little girl, get up". I LOVE IT! Once the building is opened they will be able to take the hands of the little girls and help them to get up out of cycles of poverty, prostitution, rape, hunger, ignorance due to lack of education and pain.

The above poem is for these little girls, and for the other orphans, and the victims of the greatest famine of the century that is happening right now in remote villages, the slums, Somolia and Eastern Africa.

~If you would like to help the little girls to "get up" by making a donation to Spring Valley we would be most thankful. It will go to towards Phase II of Talitha Koum. The foundation has been completed!

Eighty people committing to $25 over the next 10 months will give them a completed ground floor
that will hold the offices and medical clinic which will serve the community at large.

~If you would like to make a donation to feed the hungry the money will go to Turning Point Ministries that works in the heart of Kibera slums in Nairobi.

Even $10 can make a difference!

~HOREC orphanage welcomed a new baby girl that came infected with HIV and so weak at almost 2 years she wasn't able to hold up her body weight. Since she arrived and has received nourishment and love she is now walking around and happy as all little girls should be.

If you would like to send a donation to welcome this little one and celebrate a life being saved, it is for
a very good purpose.

~If you would like to make a donation to the general fund you will help ITHM keep going; helping the desires of kids to have a home, family, food and education, become realities.

I can not express enough how thankful I am for those who support me, this ministry and all the projects with which we are involved. You are appreciated! THANK YOU VERY MUCH, ASANTE SANA and If I knew how to say that in Aramaic I would.

Jennifer

Please make tax-deductible checks out to:
ITHM
23223 S. Warmstone Way
Katy, Texas 77494


*you can add a sticky note directing us where you would like your donation to be applied.







Advertisement



29th August 2011

Good hearing from you.
Hi Jennifer, Johnny and Jonathon, Sorry I missed your mom while she was on vacation in PA. I was on vacation while she was here so our paths didn't cross. Wondering when yours and my paths will cross again. Probably not in the near future. Praying God will continue to bless you and guide and direct you. Happy Johnny got a job and believing his visa will be clear soon so he can come home to the USA when he has time off. I'll continue to pray for you while you and Jonathon go visit in Kenya and do your ministry work as you go. God bless you, Jen, and your family and your ministry. Love, Sandy Swoager

Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb