The Hill Country!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Ingram
June 5th 2013
Published: June 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post


350 miles today . Started out at just about sea level and as we entered the Texas hill country our highest elevation was 2031’.Crossed the San JacintoRiver and got just a bit of the Houston rush hour also saw refineries. Near San Antonio, Randolph AFB and trainer jets, flyin’ low. We were also near Lackland AFB and Will remembered “50 years ago” arriving there for basic training.Hot today, in the 90’s but in the evening it cooled right down and felt wonderful – barely any humidity. This really is hill country, just about all we see. Lots of blanket flowers along the side of the road and lots of rock and hard ground. Arrive Johnson Creek Campground at 4:15 – beautiful park just full of pecan trees. Tomorrow is a rest day and visiting with George and Mary.




Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

More DeerMore Deer
More Deer

Do you think the spotted us?
Church on GroundsChurch on Grounds
Church on Grounds

Johnson Creek behind church


6th June 2013

Love pics!
Wow---you've got it all...the trees, the hills, the river, the deer, the flowers, and even a taste of the Old West! This is just whetting your appetite for more, I'm sure!
6th June 2013

Pecan
"park just full of pecan trees" I'm sure none are as impressive as "Mr. Pecan"
6th June 2013

Mr. Pecan
Absolutely NOT! Interesting I mentioned when we checked in about having a lot of pecan trees in GA and I was advised the pecan tree originated in Texas. hummm
7th June 2013

Great picts.
It's about time you got into some summer clothing. So good to be following you as you travel, but SHO do miss both of you. Don't forget to return to home in Clayton.

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb