At Sea


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Houston
March 23rd 2015
Published: June 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 29.7605, -95.3698

Lazy day...no plans today except to relax and enjoy our first full day at sea. After a leisurely breakfast we went by the ship's library to pick up the daily SuDuKo puzzle and for me to get a novel.

Decided we should get some exercise and walked around the Promenade Deck for 90 minutes - a little over five miles. We sure were hot and sweaty when we were done; and though we had eaten breakfast only two hours earlier we headed up to theCafe Caribe for the special sushi lunch. Delicious!

We went back our cabin and lazed around, sat on the deck and read. Jeff napped and I finished the Kindle novel I had started yesterday.

This is formal night and for this cruise we purposefully did not bring any formal clothes. We have one carryon sized suitcase each which got filled up pretty quickly with snorkel gear.

We're not unhappy to miss the formal hoopla and instead of participating in all of that, we put on jeans, long-sleeved t-shirts, sock and sneakers (it's cold on our deck) and go to the top of the ship for the "Movies Under the Stars." Well, it was not up there! Our cabin balcony was in the shade and pretty windy - it is gorgeous elsewhere.We ate 4 (little) bags of popcorn apiece while watching "The 100 Foot Journey", a cute movie.

After the movie, about 9:30, we swing by the buffet for a quick light dinner and then head for the Princess Theater to see the company's production, "I got the Music".
It was okay - there were a couple of strong voices, but the choreography reminded me of cheerleader routines. They didn't appear to be dancing but just moving to hit their marks. Did enjoy the music though!

It's late and tomorrow morning at 9am we will be in Cozumel.:-)


Advertisement



24th March 2015

Quite a coincidence -- Leroy and I watched that movie on Sunday night. Thoroughly nice movie, and really enjoyed it. Eve
25th March 2015

Hello -- we have also seen "100 Foot Journey" and were really really hungry after watching all that great food being prepared! Hope you found something to eat fast!

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb