Cruise Day 1!!! We Get on the Ship

United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Galveston
December 16th 2016
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 29.2953, -94.8079

We got up and got ready for the day. Breakfast was in the hotel and was included with our stay. Then Regan and I ran across the street to Walmart to pick up a few last-minute items. Around 10:00 we loaded the car and started to drive to the other side of Galveston Island. The drive took us about 15 minutes and I dropped the girls and the luggage off and went to park the car.

The terminal was not open yet so we got in line outside of the terminal and waited until they opened it. Then through security and then the check in process. Around 11:45 they started boarding the ship.

Our friends Lee and Debbie Davidson were doing back to back cruises and they were already on board so we met them at Cabanas for lunch. The restaurant makeover is great. The one drawback is that they have installed handwashing stations. Each person has to wash their hands before entering Cabanas. This is because of a Department of Health investigation that found that most hands were not clean enough with the wipes. So, this "feature" will be coming to all Disney ships in the future.

After lunch the girls and I did our usual spa visit and walk around the ship. When our rooms were ready we went down to drop off our carry-on bags and then back out to explore the ship. I met our Stateroom host, Sam, in the hallway as he was dropping off the bags for Nikki and me. So, we quickly unpacked and then explored some more.

The lifeboat drill was always the highlight of any first day on a ship. Then we went to the sail away party. It was raining so they cut the party short however, the ship did pull away as the party ended.

We had been assigned late dining and I had requested that we be switched. We were told to arrive at the restaurant for main dining and that we would be assigned a new table number then. So, we got ready to eat and headed to Triton's. They did have a table for us and we were seated and met our servers Sam and Michael. The menu was the standard Triton's menu.

After dinner, it was time for our 1 mile walk around the ship. However, it was so windy we cold not walk.

Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Tot: 2.306s; Tpl: 0.082s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0475s; 2; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb