Day 10 - August 9th - San Antonio, TX - Galveston, TX


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Galveston
August 9th 2012
Published: August 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

OMG! We LOVE Galveston! We had the best time on the beach and the hotel we stayed at was the best. The Hotel Galvez was built in 1911 and just celebrated its 100th birthday. What a wonderful place. Our shower was the best shower I have ever been in! It took us about 4 hours to get to Galveston once we left San Antonio. We checked in to our room and headed straight to the beach. The water was like bath water and we spent the next 4 hours on the beack swimming and sun bathing. Now, because it was so hot and muggy, I had to rent chairs and an umbrella so we could get out of the sun, but it was sooooo worth it. I rented the kids boogie boards and they tried their luck at catching a wave. In the distance you could see oil rigs....that was something I couldn't quite get used to. We left the beach and went to the hotel pool. It had a swim up bar and I of course ordered a couple of Coronas while Mason played in the pool. We had the BEST time in Galveston! We will for sure be back. The kids are asking to come back next year and rent a house and stay for a week or so......


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



14th August 2012

wow, I can see why you would want to go back. Looks like a very beautiful place to visit. Everyone is going to be so worn out. I am tires just sitting here reading and looking at your wonderful pics.

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb