Our way to Mexico


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Fredericksburg
January 15th 2010
Published: January 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Having just turned in elsewhere for the night it was a nice surprise to wake up in Fredericksburg, Texas. A sweet little town with saloons and lovely old buildings in Texas Hill Country. The street names here are German, German settlers built this town. We didn't stay long as it was still rainy and drizzly, although despite the rain you could easily just wear a shirt, that's how warm it is. So off to El Paso, we hoped to hop over to Mexico for the day. The country side on the way is beautiful, even in January and with it raining. I'm sure in spring it is breathtaking! Windy streets, little farm houses, golden meadows with sheep, horses and goats, red grass, smooth hills and a for us alien but beautifully green and crooked vegetation.
We made it to El Paso traveling through a more and more desert like landscape. Have a look at the pictures though, it was beautiful. After a while we had finally caught up with the sun. Having picnics in the desert, just wearing t-shirts in the sun was great stuff! El Paso is bigger than we thought, it's massive! We have a great little hotel for 50 $ with breakfast. Tomorrow we'll be in Mexico! Buenas noches !


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb