Back to The Territories


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Fort Worth
March 14th 2013
Published: March 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Cynde & The StudCynde & The StudCynde & The Stud

She beat 8 seconds!
Yep, we are on board the Heartland Flyer making our way to OKC with many stops between. Did I say that this is a great short trip!!

Today we had a lite breakfast in the hotel then on to the Cattle Merchant's Building. There is a great museum in this historic building. There is no admission, but a nominal donation is expected. The museum is well worth the time and donation. The docents are great - taking great time to share their knowledge of local and state history. One point of interest is a lightbulb that has actually been burning for over 100 years! That is correct, and this is well documented. It has not been turned off, ever!! There is one bulb in California, manufactured by the same company, that has been burning a few years longer. They don't make bulbs like that any longer. If they did, I guess the manufacturer would not have much demand for light bulbs!!!

Cynde had to have her photo taken on one of the Longhorns! No bull! She is always up for the occasional photo op! This was before she saw the parade of Longhorns. A herd of about 15 Longhorns
LunchLunchLunch

Food at Star Cafe is not fast, but it is well worth the wait! Notice the Sheriff's Star???
are driven through the stockyards twice daily. The kids, both little and big love the excitement of a cattle drive!

Lunch was at a great little cafe called the Star Cafe on Exchange. We had burgers. They were so good that I actually ate the bread!!!

After lunch, we just moseyed around the shops and stores. Tried on a few pair of boots, Cynde bought a Cowgirl hat, and we snarfed down a couple of cup cakes. Then back to the hotel to arrange for a ride back to the train station!

The train pulled out on time and we are now rolling along just north of Ft. Worth. We should be back in OKC around 9:30

Life IS good!

Happy Trails!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Headin' 'em UpHeadin' 'em Up
Headin' 'em Up

The cattle drive through town.
ChillinChillin
Chillin

Relaxing on the return trip!


Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb