Fort Worth, Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Fort Worth
March 6th 2009
Published: March 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We went to Texas to meet Kim’s family.

Kim has two brothers, Frank and Tony. Frank is married to Dominica and they have two kids, Julia and Griffin. Tony is married to Leslie and they also have two kid’s Megan and Katie. Kim’s father Jim and step-mother Laura along with Tony and his family, visited us at Frank’s house in Fort Worth, Texas.

We next visited Kim’s mother Margaret and her step-father Robert in Denton, Texas. While we were at Margaret’s house, Kim’s aunt Connie, Uncle Dave and her grandmother stopped by to visit with us. We also went out to eat Mexican with Kim's cousin Desi and her husband Kevin.

We had a great time visiting with all of Kim’s relatives. We played board games and hung out for a few days and got to know everyone. We also looked at many photo-albums of Kim’s childhood. Kim comes from a family of very nice people.

We also spent a few nights in Texas at a cowboy flop-house in Forth-Worth at the Stockyards. The area is called the Stockyards because cows were brought there to be sold for food. The flop-house is where cowboys stayed for a few dollars a night after they drove herds of cattle to market. It is now a tourist area where people go to see the old west. There are many bars and honky-tonks in the area where people go to dance and drink. There are also many steak houses and country-western stores.

Texas is full of very friendly people.



Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.361s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 29; qc: 117; dbt: 0.2311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb