Fort Worth, Texas Weekend Trip 2007


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Fort Worth
June 3rd 2007
Published: February 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Fort Worth Water Gardens #1Fort Worth Water Gardens #1Fort Worth Water Gardens #1

The park is located in the downtown.
We headed up to Fort Worth for a weekend. Stevie wanted to see the hospital he was born in before he got adopted. I naturally took this as an opportunity to tag along and head to Fort Worth to check out the museums there.

Our first stop was at the famed Water Gardens of Fort Worth. Located in downtown the gardens are a relaxing place to take a break. The gardens were so futuristic looking back when they were built that they were featured at the end of Logan's Run, the classic Sci-Fi movie. Its just mostly water flowing over brown slabs but watching it cascade over several times in several patterns creates such a unique place that I can see why people fall in love with it. You can venture down to the bottom of the gardens but the trip down is a bit uneasy. There are no railings on the slabs and with the water you are just the perfect recipe for slipping. Luckily I made it down to inspect the view from below. If you go make sure to do both: a view from the top and a view from below. Both are great views.

Next
Fort Worth Water Gardens #2Fort Worth Water Gardens #2Fort Worth Water Gardens #2

The park was featured in the closing scenes of the movie Logan's Run.
we headed over to the Fort Worth Botanical gardens and the roses were in bloom. I took a few moments to take in the fresh aroma of the flowers and then continued down to the bottom to roam around the grounds. Its a quaint little park that’s great for a nice stroll.

For the rest of the day I was dropped off at the museums since Steve had a pedicure appointment to keep. I didn't mind since museum strolling is my favorite activity. My first stop was at the Kimball Museum of Fort Worth. There one can see great works from artists such as Caillebotte and Ensor. James Ensor is one of my favorite painters and seeing his skulls fighting over clothes was a highlight of the trip.

Afterwards I headed over to the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth for some Rothko and Warhol. They have a great modern art collection there to walk through.

I wish I had more time to go to the other museums in the district but Steve called and said his feet were sufficiently pedicured. So I hopped on and headed back to the hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Fort Worth Water Gardens #3Fort Worth Water Gardens #3
Fort Worth Water Gardens #3

View from the bottom of the park.
Fort Worth Water Gardens #4Fort Worth Water Gardens #4
Fort Worth Water Gardens #4

View from the top of the park.
Fort Worth Water Gardens #5Fort Worth Water Gardens #5
Fort Worth Water Gardens #5

Me going down to the bottom by way of a scary staircase. I kept telling myself not to slip.
Fort Worth Botanical GardensFort Worth Botanical Gardens
Fort Worth Botanical Gardens

The staircase down to the park is full of flowers.
Fort Worth Botanical Gardens #2Fort Worth Botanical Gardens #2
Fort Worth Botanical Gardens #2

Pretty yellow flowers.
Fort Worth Botanical Gardens #3Fort Worth Botanical Gardens #3
Fort Worth Botanical Gardens #3

Water fountain in a pond.
Kimbell Art MuseumKimbell Art Museum
Kimbell Art Museum

Caillebotte's contribution to the museum.
James EnsorJames Ensor
James Ensor

I love his fascination with skulls!
Modrian!Modrian!
Modrian!

His work is always interesting to look at.
Andy WarholAndy Warhol
Andy Warhol

Marylin Munroe prints.
Mark RothkoMark Rothko
Mark Rothko

I can never tell whether I think he's great or overrated.


Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb