Del Rio


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Del Rio
February 22nd 2011
Published: February 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Whitehead Memorial MuseumWhitehead Memorial MuseumWhitehead Memorial Museum

The Whitehead Memorial Museum is at 1308 South Main Street in Del Rio. $5.00 admission and worth visiting.
Made it in to Del Rio and found the Library so I could get on their internet. Their wireless was not working so no luck there. Got Map of Del Rio while I was there and found out where 1308 South Main Street was at. That is the location of the Whitehead Memorial Museum. It also is the burial location of Judge Roy Bean. You pretty much get on Main Street and keep going till you think you had missed it and go some more till you are sure you have missed it and then some more and finally there it is. It is actually quite an interesting museum of various intererst and cost $5.00.
I also looked up the location of the San Felipe Springs in a park on the East side of Del Rio on Hwy 90. It has a nice springs flowing through it but the smell of bird droppings takes from the enjoyment of it. Like so many other Texas cities this water source is the reason Del Rio is here. After a brief looking at the springs I headed back through town and out on Hwy 90 west making sure to get some neccesary items at
taking a precautiontaking a precautiontaking a precaution

While in Del Rio I was well aware of the proximity of the Mexican Border and took some precautions.
the SuperWalmart in Del Rio. Everything West of Del Rio will cost more and more the further West you go. Best to get what you need in Del Rio. I Went to the Governors Landing campground in the Amistad National Recreation Center. For $8.00 I got a very nice campsite with shared water and restroom. With an excellent view of the Lake. I just got one of the envelopes as I drove in , found a good spot, filled out the form and put my money in and took the envelope and put it in the tube at the entry box. And part of the form under my windshield wiper. The park host came along in due time and greeted me etc. The view of the lake was nice etc but there was a lot of hwy noise at night unfortunatly. I woke up early the next morning and headed to Langtry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Undertakers truckUndertakers truck
Undertakers truck

An early undertaker used this truck to carry bodies. Guess no one complained about being uncomfortable.
San Felipe SpringsSan Felipe Springs
San Felipe Springs

San Felipe Springs in the park in Del Rio
Governors LandingGovernors Landing
Governors Landing

My campsite at Governors Landing on Lake Amistad. $8.00 a night. Very nice with a great view but lot of traffic noise at night from the bridge.


23rd February 2011

CLEAR
THE WATER LOOK SO CLEAR , the moutains look like you could touch them have a good time hope you find some snow your leaving Texas so you should have no problem.
24th February 2011

TOUCH
EVERYTHING LOOK SO CLEAR YOU COULD TOUCH IT ,HAVE SAFE TRIP

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb