Dallas and Tex-Mex


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
October 7th 2006
Published: October 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

DallasDallasDallas

Dallas seen from the Reunion tower
I'm in Dallas now visiting my friend Carolina, we were in university together in London.
Very nice weather, on average 30 degrees celsius and not a cloud to be seen. Quite different from all other places I have been so far so I'm thoroughly enjoying the heat and the sunshine.

We went on a full day sightseeing tour yeasterday and saw the place/house were US president John F Kennedy was shot in 1963. There was also a conspiracy museum one block away, there are a lot of conspiracies of who killed John F Kennedy and the museum definitely convinced me that the trial was unfair.
Only one person was accused of the murder, but all the films taken that day reveal that there must have been at least three persons.

We also visited the Reunion tower where they have a nice rotating restaurant, it takes 55 minutes for the restaurant to rotate 360 degrees and you get a pretty nice view from up there.

The day ended in a night club with live music from the 60's.

Not going to write a whole essay this time like I tend to do, I'm a bit short of time.
DallasDallasDallas

The Reunion tower with a rotating restaurant. The building to the right is the Hyatt hotel which you may recognise from the Dallas tv-series (you see it in the beginning when they play the theme song).
But I'm having a nice time here, enjoying the weather and nice company.
Only two more days in North America now, I'm really excited about going to Asia and Japan, that's on Monday!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

DallasDallas
Dallas

The road where John F Kennedy was shot. The sniper was on the sixth floor in the orange coloured building.
DallasDallas
Dallas

Me and Carolina in the restaurant in the Reunion Tower.
DallasDallas
Dallas

Club Dada with live music.


11th October 2006

Tex Mex
It was wonderful to have you around Jacob, remember you are always welcome to come back! I had a fabulous time with you :) Discovered a lot of things about Dallas myself!...Hope you enjoyed your stay here, did you enjoy the Tex Mex food?

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb