Dallas World Aquarium 2007


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
September 10th 2007
Published: March 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Uhm.........hi!Uhm.........hi!Uhm.........hi!

Looking at sharks swim by.
Manatees!

That was the only thing on my mind going into, during, and after our visit to the Dallas World Aquarium located right in downtown Dallas. I had never seen one before and the sight shocked, awed, and delighted me. Shocked because those things are HUGE. Awed because they seemed so peaceful and HUGE. And delighted because they just peacefully floated from place to place munching on lettuce. They were the highlight of the aquarium by a long shot.

Other highlights included the penguins, which darted back and forth in the water. One was in the process of shedding its feathers so it wasn't in the mood to play. Its apparently a very stressful time for them. Poor penguin.

I also enjoyed the shark tunnel. You could just sit there and relax and have the sharks swim around you completely oblivious to the tasty human snapping its pictures. They swim a bit too fast to take good pictures of them though.

The food at the aquarium restaurant was delicious too! Thankfully, no aquarium fish were included on the menu.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Shark!Shark!
Shark!

Shark swimming above me.
Manatee!!!!!!Manatee!!!!!!
Manatee!!!!!!

These critters were HUGE. This one loved lettuce.
Shark TunnelShark Tunnel
Shark Tunnel

Every aquarium deserves a tunnel/
PenguinPenguin
Penguin

Penguins love their penguin pen.
Leafy Sea DragonLeafy Sea Dragon
Leafy Sea Dragon

Slow moving sea dragons rock.


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb