Trip to Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Cypress
June 7th 2015
Published: June 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

2015-06-03 Houston highways 0042015-06-03 Houston highways 0042015-06-03 Houston highways 004

Massive highway systems around the city
Sunday, JUNE 1, 2015 we arrived at the airport in Seattle with printed boarding passes only to learn that our flight had been cancelled. The next flight they could get us on left Seattle at noon, so we spent the morning sitting around in the airport!! However, this worked well for our family in Houston because it meant that we were only 15 minutes behind the flight that our daughter-in-law's dad was arriving on, so we were all able to meet at the airport in Houston. Picked up our rental car and headed to the motel where we were booked for the next two weeks.

Wednesday, June 3 we all went to the Houston Astros baseball game where our granddaughter was singing the National Anthem with her school choir. It was a perfect evening - the roof to the stadium was open - and we enjoyed watching the game. Astros won against Baltimore 4-1!! Dwain and I were quite impressed with how family oriented the evening was. Apparently the Astros do a lot of things for kids and families in the area.

Thursday, June 4 was GRADUATION DAY for Stephen. On our way to the auditorium we stopped by one of the beautiful park entrances to a house development and took pictures. Then it was on to the ceremony to watch 740 seniors from the high school receive their diplomas. Stephen graduated "Cum Laude". Needless to say, we are very proud of him. Back at home we celebrated with cake and ice-cream.

Friday, June 6 we all went in to the Houston Zoo. Being the beginning of summer break for all the schools as well as a weekend, the place was very crowded. However, we did get to see several of their interesting displays before returning home mid afternoon to escape the heat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

GorillaGorilla
Gorilla

It's too hot to think!


Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb