East Texas – Day 10


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Corsicana
June 8th 2011
Published: June 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well the final day of our trip has come. We spent the night in Corsicana. When in Corsicana, you have to make the trip to the Collins Street Bakery. I always thought that the only thing you could buy there was fruit cakes. Boy was I wrong. We bought a pecan pie, an assortment of cakes (including their world famous fruit cake), and some goodies to eat on the road. If you’ve never been there, it’s worth trip. Collins Street Bakery also has two branch locations: a second location in Corsicana and one in Waco.

Speaking of Waco, we continued our trip (after eating our car snack from the bakery) and arrived in Waco in time for lunch. It has been a while since we ate at the Cracker Barrel. In fact, we had not eaten at the Cracker Barrel in Waco since Joe was a student at Baylor. It just didn’t seem quite right to be there without Joe!

After lunch we got in the car and tuned our Sirius radio to channel 82, Radio Classics. One of our favorites, “Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar” was just starting. If you have not yet found this station, you don’t know what you’re missing. They have some wonderful old radio programs from the ‘40s and ‘50s that are a hoot. As I mentioned, Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar was on. The episode was from March 1956 and was titled “The LaMarr Matter.” Johnny Dollar was an insurance investigator played by Bob Bailey and solved crimes each week. The program used to come on each weekday night for 15 minutes. Now fortunately, they play a “marathon” and play a whole week’s worth of episodes at one time. After Kay and I helped Johnny solved today’s crime, it was just a few more miles until we arrived home.

I hope you have enjoyed our blog. We had a great time on our trip and have enjoyed sharing it with you. Until next time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0846s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb