Scoopy's


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Corpus Christi
April 9th 2012
Published: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ice Cream and Views at Scoopy'sIce Cream and Views at Scoopy'sIce Cream and Views at Scoopy's

Andrew and I grabbed a cone from Scoopy's Ice Cream in Corpus Christi and ate it on their dock overlooking the ocean. It faced west, allowing for romantic views of the sunset.
After we put the kids to bed for the night, we gave Andrew's parents the sound monitor and ducked out to get some ice cream together. Our destination: Scoopy's.

From North Padre Island, we headed to the causeway towards Corpus Christi. Just before going up on the bridge over the bay, there was an exit to the right. It was a little frontage road, unlit, that wound past some docks and under the bridge. There was ocean to the right of us and puddles of ocean to the left of us, giving it a swampy feel. As we drove under the causeway, we saw a restaurant with its name, Snoopy's, on the roof top. We pulled up and discovered that the restaurant was literally on the ocean. We walked next door to their sister restaurant--an ice cream parlor called Scoopy's that serves Blue Bell ice cream. It was cash only, but they had an ATM available.

We took our cones outside and sat on the tables, which were on a dock over the ocean. We watched the pink sunset and listened to the bird calls. They were loud and added to the ambiance. Our ice cream was creamy and fabulous, the company was unmatched, at the setting was exactly what anyone would want during a beach vacation.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb