September 29, 2015 - Tuesday


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Brady
September 29th 2015
Published: September 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The winery tour that I mentioned in my last blog was nice. We got to see some of the equipment that they use while making wine. But we didn't actually see any of the process. So of our group did some wine tasting. I'm not much of a wine lover and Les sure isn't, so we skipped that part of the tour.

After the winery we went out to see a tree that we were told about there. It takes 5 people to reach around it. I've attached a picture. It's a beautiful tree. It's said that many wedding ceremonies are performed under that tree. Next we walked over the suspension bridge that goes over the San Saba river near the Wedding Oak Tree.

Afterwards we went to a deli restaurant next door to the winery, back to camp for more games & our brisket dinner that evening.

Saturday afternoon we got word that Lyndal's (Les' brother) mother-in-law's condition was declining. She's been in the hospital for weeks. Les' parents were planning to leave Sunday AM, but left after getting word of her decline. They wanted to be there to be moral support for Tracy, Lyndal & Brook. We heard from Thelma today that Tina passed away shortly before noon.

Les has been ill since last night with what appears to be a stomach virus. We are planning to return to Odessa for the funeral, but can't travel until Les is feeling better. I don't think I'm ready to drive this big rig, unless forced to by some sort of emergency. He seems slightly better this afternoon. He hasn't eaten anything all day, until some cracker he just ate. We are hoping that they will agree with his stomach okay. If so, maybe he'll be on his way to feeling better.

We haven't done much since everyone left except laundry and a run to the grocery store. Oh, that's not right. We went to Brady to see my cousin Cathy Patterson Sunday afternoon. It was fun to get to visit with her. Her daughter came by camp Saturday while she was in San Saba for her daughter's cheer activity. It was nice to see Donna & Aleaha too. I hope I spelled that correctly. Not sure. Sorry if not.

We are staying at the San Saba River RV Park,. I can see the San Saba Golf Course from our dining table window. The river is a few yards off the back of our RV space. It's nice out here


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb