Day 7


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Big Bend
February 4th 2008
Published: February 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISTY!!

The road into Chisos Basin is definitely winding and steep, but so beautiful. The Chisos Basin is set inside the ring of the Chisos Mountain Range which is situated entirely inside the Big Bend National Park. We took the Windows overlook trail and got some great pictures. After leaving the park we got views of the Chisos Mountains from the west.

This part of Texas is like so much of the west, wide open and ever-changing. There are mountains of every shape and color: round top mountains, flat top, pointy, rocky, striped (vertically, horizontally and diagonally striped) even polka-dotted mountains. The colors range from yellow to tan to brown, red, blue-black, green. There are vast flat areas with mountains in the distance in any direction you look. It's desert, but surprisingly colorful. There is a variety of prickly pear cactus that turns colors in the fall. We saw cactus colors vary from pale pink to fuschia to purple, from green to yellow to orange and red. And what a sky!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



5th February 2008

looks awfully lonely out that a way!!!!
5th February 2008

It sounds like you guys are having so much fun. Michael, me and the kids are enjoying the blogs to keep up with you two!!! We love you and miss you!!!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb