Farmers Market


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Austin
October 17th 2009
Published: October 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Austin Farmers MarketAustin Farmers MarketAustin Farmers Market

Peppers are plentiful.
Today we went downtown to the Austin Farmers Market. Bought some green tomatoes, arugula, Round Rock Honey and Texas Olive Ranch Olive Oil. Used the green tomatoes and arugula make a panini sandwich with pancetta, fried green tomatoes, Provolone cheese and arugula.
This afternoon we were sitting out on the patio enjoying a Paloma, and we started to see many, many dark looking butterflies flying overhead. There is a large emergence of snout butterflies in Central Texas right now. When there is a drought followed by heavy rains, the rains kill parasites that feed on the butterflies. The spiny hackberry plant which the butterflies like to feed on is plentiful, so they are all around. It is quite an interesting sight.
Today also marks the 43rd anniversary of my going into the Army. That is when I first went to Texas, at Fort Bliss outside of El Paso. Took my first airplane ride to get there.
This evening we went to Threadgills to hear Eliza Gilkyson play. We have not seen her before. The music was outside and it was a peaceful evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

More Farmers MarketMore Farmers Market
More Farmers Market

Can you guess what these are?


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb