CSBC Mission Arlington Day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Arlington
June 25th 2011
Published: June 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

WOW! What a day!! Left the church a little before 630 this morning.... Got to Jackson and the bus driver, me, and the co-pilot, West Garner, was to busy talking and missed the exit to go to Vicksburg.. We did notice it at the same exact time, and quickly got back on track.. The youth have done great on the the trip we only stopped twice for bathroom breaks, and once to eat.. We did stop at the Texas welcome center and take pictures infront of the Lone Star State. We got into a traffic jam right before Dallas. We finally got to Mission Arlington and got our room assignments.. I was a little nervous after hearing from Fro and Tyler about there last experience here. We are staying at a church and it looks like some kind of an air matress expo!! After we all got our stuff unloaded we had supper and got to go by the Dallas Cowboys Stadium, the resturant (CiCis Pizza) was right across the street. We also Drove by the Texas Rangers Baseball Stadium. We are getting to see lots of things so far. In the morning we have to pic all of our stuff up and store it so that they can have church in our home away from home.
Tomorrow we will get our assignments for what apartment complexes we will be working in and any orther type of mission work we will be doing while we are here. Everyone seems really excited about the work that we have come to do. The weather here is HOT!!!! but there has been a really good breeze blowing.. If we were at home we would probably name it...
There were some interesting conversations on the bus. Some of the statements that were made were things like "I am allergic to silicon." as we pondered this we finally figures out it was sulfur. Also to not lick the doors because they have a silicon taste.. West said he was not gonna experiment with this one. We all totally agreed with him on this matter. So hopefully no one will be licking the doors on the bus or the church...
As I am sitting here typing this all the youth are carrying on conversations and playing.. They all just sang Amazing Grace and I got chills. I think that it will be a great experience for all of them and for all of the adults that came along..

Continue praying for us while we are on this mission trip doing Gods work, and that we will be a blessing to the people we are here to work with. Also for safe travels during our stay here and on our return trip home.

I will add more photos tomorrow. I did not get them all up before my phone died!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb