And we're off...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee
April 23rd 2008
Published: April 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Left home yesterday and spent the afternoon in Rochester, NY with our daughter and her family. Never too much of the grandchildren. Finished off our re-supply boxes and took the first one to the Post Office myself. The clerk remarked about the address being AT hikers and the young woman who mailed her parents out boxes last year. The parents were supposed to stop in and say hello after their hike last year, but they never made it in. I asked her forgiveness and pleaded no knowledge of the promise. She was tickled to hear about how last year went and glad we are headed back to work more miles off.
Up this morning at 5AM, hugs, kisses and out the door by 5:30AM. The drive down went well, 770 miles in 11 hours total time, stops and all. The weather was just beautiful once we started south from Erie, PA. Our route was I90 west to Erie, PA; I79 south into West Virginia and I77; then US 19 to Beckley, WV and back on I 77. Ran that down into Virginia onto I81 into Tenn. and US 321 south to TN70 then up Viking Mtn Rd to the cottages. We have the same cottage as last year.
We are both hyped up to get back on the trail tomorrow afternoon. We have a shuttle car picking us up here about noon, they will run us down to Springer Mtn, GA and give us the boot. Then it is just a 287 mile jaunt back here to the car.

Patrick, Deborah Mooney aka OD & CC
All Who Wander Are Not Lost


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0955s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb