Day 227


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee
April 8th 2008
Published: April 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 227


Obfuscator writes: We woke up in the morning and headed out to see a bit more of the town of Vicksburg. Walking around the previous evening, we had seen some very pretty looking buildings in the historic town. We found in the morning that we actually had some really great views of these buildings from the floor of our motel that our room was on, so we took some shots from there. When we were satisfied, we drove on down to the waterfront to see that a little bit. There's a big wall of murals all along the river, and a riverboat casino. We couldn't really get down to the water due to some construction, but that was all right. Across from the wall of nice murals is a big park of garish and bizarre colors and structures. Apparently it is supposed to be “a steamboat of the imagination,” where the kids can imagine themselves as riverboat captains of old. All I can say is that it in no way resembled a steamboat or a riverboat, unless you assume that the boat is comprised entirely of dirt and smokestacks.

From Vicksburg, we drove north and north and north, until we arrived at Memphis. We stopped very briefly there, to drive past Graceland (whose cheapest tour of just the mansion was $27,) and to see the Pyramid Arena and the riverfront. One of the visitor's centers near I-40 had a sort of odd statue of the King, and one of B.B. King, which was kind of neat.

We kept going north, until we got to the small town of Paris, TN. Onaxthiel had an army buddy, U, living there, and so we met up with him and some of his family. We went out to a good dinner, and hung out at their place until late, when we crashed there.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.123s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb