Black Bear Jamboree - Pigeon Forge


Advertisement
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Black Bear JamboreeBlack Bear JamboreeBlack Bear Jamboree

Part of the 50s music in the show
This is a dinner theater in the heart of Pigeon Forge. It is (where else?) on highway 441, "the strip" of Pigeon Forge.

We sat at a table for two (bigger tables available for bigger parties), ate dinner, and watched a warm up act and the main show. The warm up act was a five-piece country band. The main show was an hour-long song and dance show.

The main show comprised medleys from 1950's rock n roll, 1970s disco, country, Gospel, and a few patriotic songs. The music was interspersed with a comedy act.

Two words come to mind: enthusiastic and positive. This is the kind of stage show you will see at large amusement parks and on some cruise ships. I found it a cut above most.

What impressed me was that none of the singers, dancers, and musicians were stretching their abilities on stage. They hit every note and made every step.

Critics would find much to criticize in the show's content. The production, however, is aimed at the Pigeon Forge tourism crowd (middle-class Americans wanting to shop, relax, and be entertained with something positive).

Dinner and the show cost $40 per adult. Dinner comprised ribs, bar-b-que chicken, potatoes, corn, green beans, rolls, and a cup of soup. The food was good - again it satisfies the Pigeon Forge audience.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb