June 22, 2022, Pigeon Forge, TN


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

The heat is just too much, the high was 95 here today, but the feel like temperature was over 100, the truck registered at 110. I love being outdoors, it is so calming, but not with temperatures like this, I run hot anyway. I would love to live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in the summers and spend the rest of the year in Florida. Maybe one day I will be able to make that a reality.

Weather Averages

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, MI Brandon, FL

May 60/40 May 90/66

June 69/49 June 92/72

July 76/57 July 92/74



Well with that said it was too hot to go hiking today. We spent most of the day at the trailer. We did venture out for a little fun. We went to 2 stores called Goats on the Roof. At the first store Nate and Daisy, road The Goat Coaster which is one of those popular mountainside roller coasters. The cart can reach speeds just under 30mph, each cart is equipped with hand brakes so you can slow things down if you get scared.

The goats here were cute. You could feed them by hand on the ground or place feed into a container and pedal a bike to take the feed up to the goats. The goat seemed to enjoy letting the mechanism taking the food up to him rub his back more than receiving the food. Nate knew that the store in town had baby goats so we had to go there too. The 2 kids were so adorable, playful, and loved attention.

We really wanted to go into town and walk around but with the heat and the crowds we opted for Publix subs and a night in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb