Driving....Litchfield, IL to Nashville, TN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
July 26th 2016
Published: July 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We embarked from our three days of relaxation headed to our next destination of Nashville, TN. we took I-57 to I-24, just before I-24 there was road congestion so we got off I-57, got gas and took a detour on IL-37 to I-24. We were glad that we were on the detour since a storm came upon us that would have caused us to get off the interstate. During our drive on I-24 we crossed over into Kentucky where we finally were able to stop at a Chick-Fil-A, the first in over a month. The drive overall was easy, but had an abundance of semis driving under the speed limit.

Today we are camping at Camp Jellystone in Nashville (passport $35/night) they have tons of activities, pool, Wi-Fi and cable. The last time we camped at a Jellystone it was in the Smokey Mountains; Daisy was not born yet and we borrowed a tent to camp in. Even back then everyone camped in an RV so we were the only tent campers the first night. We thought it was so nice that they separated the tents from the RVs, that was until we went on a short walk and found an old grave stone in the hill. So between being near the grave stone, all alone in the corner of a wooded campground, in the mountains, with bears ...we decided to sleep with the only protection we had, an old rusty ax.

Nate and I were fortunate enough to come to Nashville in 2006 when he won the Aldo Croatti award at UniFirst for 100% customer retention for an entire year on his route. They flew us in, had a limo take us to our hotel, put us up in a suite at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel for four nights, and gave us spending money. One of our favorite parts of the trip was visiting the Gaylord Palms Resort so that is where we took Daisy tonight. I am not sure she was as impressed as we were but we enjoyed visiting again regardless. We also stopped into Dave & Buster's to purchase a game card at half off today to use tomorrow on half price Wednesday to make our $20 really stretch which is located in walking distance to Gaylord Palms and the Grand Ole Opry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



27th July 2016

Time has flown by...
I can't believe your trip is nearing the end. It has been so amazing to see the places you have traveled. What an experience. It seems just like last week you guys were here in New Orleans, but that was many weeks ago and many states ago!!! Safe travels my friends. The girls only have one more week of summer left then back to school! Hope Daisy enjoyed all the adventures you provided. Great parents!!!!
27th July 2016

Our Teenage Girls...
Daisy said that she had a great time on this trip but that the best part was visiting Brooke, thank you again for making that possible. I hope we can keep the girls in touch throughout the years.

Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb