RV Travels - We are so sorry Nashville


Advertisement
Published: May 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

RV Travels



Nashville Flooded - Moved up, but not high enough.



We moved up to the higher camping site in the KOA, and started to relax just a bit. Around 4:30pm, we noticed folks un-hooking, un-plugging and moving their rigs. Paul went out to ask what was up - so glad he did - and they pointed to the access road. Its funny now that I think about it because I had been reading in the front and watching a police car for a while. I couldn't really make out the car, as it was at a distance down the road, but I could see the blue light flashing and I wondered what he was doing there for so long. When Paul looked at the access road into the campground it was covered by water. There was no way to move the RV down that road at all.

We were up behind a restuarant (Fish Camp something). There was a fence, but there was a gate in the fence and some RV'ers had opened he gate and were taking their RV's through that upper gate, so we followed. After discusson with others on where to go, we followed one another to a church parking lot that was on higher ground where we spent the night.

If we had not noticed people moving out, we would have finished dinner,gone to bed and probably woken up floating. By the time we were up and running in the morning, Route 40 was closed both ways. We took Route 63 North and then turning South to Columbia. I took photos on the way out. At Columbia, we took 50 West to the Nanchez Trace which we followed for a day until we turned East on the way home. We were just ready to come home; sad for all the folks in Nashville. It is very sad to see the TV footage of the Grand Ole Opry complex and all the people trying to get mud out of their houses and businesses. Nashville is a beautiful City and such a fun fun place to visit. This flood is a heartbreaker for so many residents. Nashville will come back and soon, I'm sure and we will be back too.

Route 84 All the way from Mississippi to Brainbridge, Ga and then South on 98/19 and home to the Southwest Coast of Sunny beautiful Florida, thankful to be home. We have been on the road for almost two months. This blog will end here - we are unpacking the RV.

We are off to China in August, so I'll be back to blogging then!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb