Day 17 - Nashville to New Orleans (car/plane)


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Early exit via taxi to Memphis airport. Picked up Jeep Laredo (imitation Ferrari coupe) and drove from Nashville to Memphis. Upon arriving in Arkansas (not the park near Sth Tweed) realised we probably were lost and turned around. Finally received proper instructions from a Tourist booth which allowed us to find the rental car drop off point. Transferred to the airport and successfully arrived at New Orleans which was "Bloody hot mate". It was about 94 degrees.

Went for a stroll along Bourbon St in the French Quarter to get our bearings. Pretty tacky place with tacky tourist shops. Got Eden some bling so he could fit in with all the black "gangsta" types which appeared like they were just taken out of a video clip. This place is weird. Even though it is the tourist area in the French Quarter, you felt like you had to watch over your shoulder at nite, particularly with the kids. The whole French Quarter is exactly like streets from France (to be confirmed when we actually tour Europe!).





Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb