Day 8 Memphis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
September 9th 2016
Published: September 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 8
Last full day in Memphis and got to cram a lot in !!!

Early start , hitting Elvis early doors ! Drive to Graceland which was about a 10 minute drive from downtown, the tour takes about 3'ish hours it takes you round all the ground floor rooms and out buildings, his house is pretty cool !

We also got to go to see his car collection, plus some of his outrageous concert outfits.

We finally had some pictures taken outside the house then we chipped off back to the hotel to get ready for the next tour !

The Gibson guitar factory tour !!!!!!
The Memphis factory produces all the hollow and semi hollow Gibson guitars. So no les Paul's or SG's etc.
This tour took about and hour and took you through the factory and you see the different parts being put together, very cool but unfortunately you were unable to take any pictures !!

Got a couple of bits from the shop !

Next up was the sun studio tour which was about a 25 minute walk from the Gibson shop, this tour went through how the studio got started who recorded there and the exhibition of memorabilia through the years!

Then we headed downstairs to the actual studio, this place is still used today and has not changed one bit from when Elvis and Cash first walked in !

Got some more bits from the shop !

We then went back to the hotel and got ready for some food and beers, we see a couple of blues bands and then headed off proper out of town to see Diarrhea Planet, this is a band I've wanted to see for a while, a top day topped of with a great band !!

Got back about 1 o'clock a very long day !!

Tomorrow :- drive down to Mississippi !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb