Yay Memphis!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
June 13th 2007
Published: June 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Blogger: Katie
Location: Memphis, TN at Springhill Suites
Time arrived: not sure.

SO. This springhill suites is letting us down. First they don't have our reservation. "It was cancelled but we don't know how or why" uh huh. right. then they only have a room with a king size bed. Next one of the phones doesn't work and the wired internet doesn't work, but now we found the wireless. So basically we are annoyed with this hotel. OH also there was no parking left, and this guy told DJ to park in a "10 minute only parking spot" and the parking guy said it'd be ok. So we'll see.

Anywho, we had a pretty interesting ride I guess since last update, there was a pack of bikers on the highway that were being jerks and they were messing with my enjoying the 70mph section of road. They were taking up both lanes, and throwing things to eachother, doing "stunts" basically they thought they were cool. They made me mad.

We saw this truck that I saw yesterday pulling the other white trucks, so we were finally able to get a good picture.

The GPS freaked out once we got to memphis, that was after it helped us detour around an accident on the highway. But we finally made it to the hotel. It's on N. Main St. which is a trolley only street, that's kinda cool!

We're right near the great Mississippi River and we've got a few parks around us. So i think we'll go exploring.

Here's some pictures for your enjoyment!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Annoying bikersAnnoying bikers
Annoying bikers

especially this guy in on the left.
THE truckTHE truck
THE truck

So happy we found it!


14th June 2007

Oh, friends.
Hi. I hope you're fully taking advantage of gaining an hour of time by doing some awesome stuff like sleeping for an extra hour. Also, does not the 70 mph speed limit rock? The end.
14th June 2007

Don't let Marriott Get away with it!
Hey there - Call the Marriott folks - They have a room guarantee. And it is not like you have never stayed at a Spring Hill Suites!!!! Anyway I like the truck picture - you should have BUZZED the bikers - You probably could have threaded fortis between those little two wheelers...wait you have a little 4 wheeler - never mind. Glad you made it to Memphis!!!! Hope you are feeling better...Thanks for the technology assist - Love Ya!!!!
14th June 2007

Another reason you need...
This silly blogg page thinks your last entry was the one from yesterday morning!!!! hard to find the latest to print for Nanny. Have a great visit today in Memphis! (Use Spring Hill Suites Internet to upload some more Pix and video!) Love Ya!
14th June 2007

The pictures are nice...they make me happy. Minus the bikers...they make me mad too lol

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb