CCMA - Day 31


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Lebanon
October 6th 2012
Published: October 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 31

We slept late so we didn’t leave the motel until 8:30. It was very cold but got a little warmer in the afternoon. It wasn’t as windy as yesterday, partly because there were some trees to block the wind.

The terrain was flat like Texas and Oklahoma, but greener, still boring though. All in all the ride was lousy, but not as lousy as the day before.

We had to cover a lot of miles today, so we rode 100 miles before we stopped, and we kept the stops to 15 minutes.

Every time we stopped, Bill had a different issue with his gloves. The first time we stopped, he complained that the glove’s heaters weren’t working and his hands were frozen.

The second time we stopped, Bill told us that he melted the back of the controller for the heater on his pipes. Rick wrapped electrical tape around the controller and exposed wiring.

The third time we stopped, Bill complained that the heater wasn’t working and his hands were freezing. Rick suggested that it might be a blown fuse. Bill replaced the fuse and we continued our journey.

When we arrived at the motel, Bill told us the gloves worked fine. I found it ironic that the gloves only worked during the warm part of the day.

We ate dinner at O Charleys, and after dinner Bill went to Wal-Mart to get an insert for his boots because he melted his liners while drying them out with a hair dryer the night before.

Other than the entertainment Bill provided, it was another uneventful day. We made good time, though – 470 miles in 8 hours.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114839119591131659057/Day31?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJPcn4HykMjoeA&feat=directlink

Advertisement



7th October 2012

OMG, my poor brother! He's had such a bad couple days! Hope he's all dryed out & the bike makes it home with no more problems! David, thanks for taking care of him...it's nice to have good friends. A bottle of rum is waiting for you! Bill, I'll make you a nice home cooked meal when you get back - you deserve it! Can't wait to see you...only two more days!
7th October 2012

funny!
haha david, you didnt even has to say it was bill... thats bill...good thing that hair dryer didn't have a higher setting he would of burned the hotel down to the ground...and bill would of said at least my boots are dry!!! funny stuff

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb