{Day 1} Short stop back in Gatlinburg,TN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Gatlinburg
December 4th 2014
Published: January 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Wildberry CrepesWildberry CrepesWildberry Crepes

The Pancake Pantry
To break up our trip (total drive 21 hours!!) we stopped back in Gatlinburg, TN. We stayed at the same resort, Mountain Loft Resort, and did a few things we were not able to do back in July.

Our first stop was breakfast! We went to the Pancake Pantry. A MUST for anything specialty! I had the wild-berry crepes, and WOW! I almost went into a diabetic coma afterwards. So with that said we went back to Cades Cove, in The Smoky Mountain National Park, to walk off our breakfast and see some fall foliage. We stopped at some places we didn't get to like John Olivers house and the Cable Mill. We even saw more deer and bears!

After the park we were craving some BBQ. We didn't want to drive into downtown and decided to eat a 'hole in the wall' more for locals. The place was called Hungry Bear BBQ. It was really good and the customer service was amazing! Even the locals made conversation with us and told us about what was happening around town. This is the kind of stuff that you miss in the bigger places. I'm not knocking any of those, but this was great. For me its all about customer service and the atmosphere. This place gave us so much food that we took it back to the hotel room and were able to eat it for a late night snack.

Tomorrow is the day that we drive into West Virgina to meet my cousin and then head to Virginia!

♥ Ems


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb