Movies in the Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Clarksville
September 25th 2007
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

As the warm summer days depart from us, we cling to those last few days where we can enjoy the warmth of the great outdoors. Personally, this is the time of year where I prefer every event to be held outside than inside. I wake up every morning wondering as I open the door to the world if it will be that day. You know, the one that leaves the first frost on your windshield?
Fortunately, summer seems to be clinging more to us than we are to it. That’s why this weekend you can relive the summer by joining me at Movies in the Park. Movies in the Park is just like it sounds. The style is reminiscent of the drive-in theatres, sans the cars. Instead, they suggest low-backed lawn chairs or blankets. I prefer a blanket in order to get completely comfortable while laying down.
Movies in the Park will be held this Saturday at Heritage Park, known to the locals as “The Fairgrounds”. Pre-show games start at 5:30, and the movies starts at 7:00. The showing this weekend will be “Happy Feet”, which tells the story of an Emperor Penguin, who teaches the colony the virtues of being true to yourself. The park asks that you adhere to the rules, which can be found at www.parksafterdark.com.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0763s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb