Pageants, Jazz, or Oktoberfest?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Clarksville » Home
October 2nd 2007
Published: October 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

OktoberfestOktoberfestOktoberfest

Come experience an authentic German good time!
Wow! For those who believe there’s “nothing to do” in Clarksville, I beg you to take a look around this weekend. With so many options, I find it difficult to decide on what’s best.
First, the Miss Tennessee USA/ Miss Tennessee Teen USA Pageants will be held at Austin Peay State University starts on Friday (October 5) through Saturday (October 6). This pageant delegates ages 15-26 across the state, all of which compete in various categories such as interviews, swimsuit, and evening wear. The pageant will be held in the Music & Mass Communication Theatre. For more information, visit www.misstennesseeusa.com.
Sadly, this Saturday is the last of the Summer Jazz on the Lawn series. Although this event is usually one that rings the summer bells for me, it is most beautiful in the fall. The forecast for this Saturday is promising another beautiful fall day as we’ve been having already. The projected high is 84F, and the low is only 66F! If you want to chill out on a blanket while listening to the festive jazz of the Jerry Vinett Band, this one is for you. Best of all, most wines sell for about $15- not a bad price for such
Jazz on the LawnJazz on the LawnJazz on the Lawn

Lay back and enjoy the soothing sounds this Saturday.
a unique taste! For more information, visit www.beachavenwinery.com.
I’ve been saving my personal favorite for last- Oktoberfest! Oktoberfest feautures family fun the German way, with authentic food, music, and dance. Every aspect is beyond wonderful. For food, they have bratwurst, apple strudel, and, of course Schnitzel. For music there’s an authentic “oompah” band. Good luck resisting dancing along with this quirky, catchy music. This is also a wonderful event for the family, as there are carnival rides for the children.
As always, please remember do practice maturity and responsibility when consuming alcohol. If you are going to drink, designate a driver ahead of time.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb