The math, the dona and the snog


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » South Dakota
February 20th 2015
Published: February 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Every day is one step closer to our grand adventure! I take a Gaelic lesson every day, sometimes with epic fail, repeat and somehow it sticks? This past week, I've chatted with our flat contact from Scotland-a very friendly fellow with the last name Channing who had difficulty understanding MY accent. I've also had conversations with a German man for our board in Frankfurt, Germany, and also a French woman who helped me with our banking conversion. This is sooooooo exciting!!!

Every spare minute, I am planning and dreaming and wondering what we are going to encounter....I love the vast knowledge of the Internet! This afternoon, my dad, the Google Earth expert, was looking all around Scotland and finding our flat at the Highland Club in Loch Ness. Last night, I was knee deep in information on the amazing public transportation system known as the U-Bahn! If we can wrap our heads around this mode of transportation, we will have Frankfurt at our fingertips...the Dom, the Staedel museum, the tavern district and the doorstep to our hotel? The U-Bahn has 86 stops/station, nine lines over 40 miles of tracks. It moves 300,000 people throughout Frankfurt on a daily basis! What a marvel! It is a short 12 minute ride to the international airport. Frankfurt is known as the financial capital of Germany ... A stop Brady would have savored and a city I checked numerous times for flights through.....the history of this city---Roman emperors were crowned at the Dom for 300 years, classical artwork was saved (barely) from the WW here, the beir, cafès, and apfelwein. As Clayton said yesterday, "this city looks like your kind of place!"


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.311s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb