Day 1


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The meetingThe meetingThe meeting

Meeting in MO for the start.
Day 1 down. Met up with Mike about 0830, and the trip finally began! We made it to the planned stop, Sioux Falls, SD. Convieniently there is a bar and casino behind our hotel. Two pitchers of beer, a blog update, and we're ready for tomorrow. I did take some video today, but for anyone that has ever been on I29, or in the Dakotas, they know that you are not missing anything by me not posting it. Both the bikes and us held up well in the heat, and there is more forecast for tomorrow. I'd rather have the heat than cold or wet. I put 680 miles on today in 12 hours, almost to the minute. Mike had about 200 hundred less, but he had a 300+ day yesterday, in the rain, to the meeting point. We stopped several places for pictures, and the Harley plant in KC. We are hoping for as good a day tomorrow as today. Hopefully they will let Mike into Canada. Ronny Regan might have blackballed him, but we'll find out tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

This is what it isThis is what it is
This is what it is

No chang for about 400 miles.
End of Day 1End of Day 1
End of Day 1

Parked for the night (before the 2 picturs)


6th June 2012

good on you
Have you thought about opening a donation site to pay for your riding? Enjoy the better riding tomorow. Mine to MI was wet going up and I fell asleep on the way back. 55 south is sooo..
8th June 2012

Sponsor
It would be great if HD or AF wanted to sponsor this for some reason, but don't think we need donations. Someone to pick up the beer tab would be sort of neat though.:-)
6th June 2012

I-29 monotony
You're right about I-29. Nothing worth reporting. Sounds like you're on track. Have a safe, enjoyable ride.
7th June 2012

Are we there yet?
Thanks for the update, ride safe.

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb