Mitchell, SD


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.7094, -98.0294

We got into Mitchell, SD about 4:30 p.m. We drove around town and stopped at the Corn Palace. We took pictures of the corn decorated building, and then visited the gift shop and museum inside. The mascot was just about to leave when I was able to get a picture of it next to Naomi. Naomi and I picked up a few trinkets and postcards. After asking the teller about a good restaurant to eat at, we headed to the hotel. We stayed at the Best Western Motor Inn. It was an old hotel from the 60's and 70's that had been renovated. It was small but we just needed the beds. After taking in the luggage, we cleaned up a little bit and headed to find the recommended restaurant, The Depot. The restaurant was very hometownish. Bar on one side of the place and a diner on the otherside. The menu choices were good. Naomi and I split a spinach and artichoke appetizer. We both had a salad. Her meal was a breaded chicken and I had a steak. All of it was very tasteful. We left very full and headed back to the hotel to unwind from the trip, for Naomi to "plug in" to her friends online, and for me to relax by reading a book before bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



14th July 2011

yep, just like her father...that's my corny daughter

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 21; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb