Badlands to the Black Hills


Advertisement
Published: August 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we went through the Badlands National Park and hiked many really cool paths around rattle snake country looking for animals and great views. I brought along the Flip Video camera and edited a short movie. Check it out!

After the Badlands we headed for world famous Wall Drug. Yes, we got the free ice water and checked out all the wonderful eats and souvenir stores, but I didn't buy anything there in Wall.

We checked into our hotel in Rapid City and found a great brewery down on Main Street called the Firehouse Brewing Company. I had a rancher's pie for lunch with a couple of their own brews including my favorite the smoke jumper's stout. The rancher's pie was mashed potatoes and carrots topped with corned beef and gravy. It was very good! After a full belly, it was time to hit up the national monuments. We headed down to Crazy Horse first to check out the progress on this 50 year old project. It was truly inspiring, and enormous. We caught Mt. Rushmore just before the sun set and caught some great pictures of the moon in the Black Hills on the way back to town. We also kept avoiding prairie dogs and deer all night long.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Crazy Horse Now and FutureCrazy Horse Now and Future
Crazy Horse Now and Future

The memorial and model that will be the finished project.


12th August 2008

great pictures
Eric, You are doing a great job with your camera. I especially like Rushmore and the Crazy Horse Memorial. keep those cards and letters coming! Jan
14th August 2008

Love Crazy Horse
Glad you got to see Crazy Horse and Mt Rushmore. We saw them last year. I sure hope Crazy Horse can get finished. Also visited Wall Drugs. Thanks for pictures.

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb